Wireless Telemetry USB Base Station (T24-BSu)
View more videos on
Our YouTube Channel !
- Provides wireless data acquisition from T24 Acquisition Modules
- Configures any T24 Telemetry module via USB
- Powered from USB
- Up to 100m (325 ft) range
- Miniature desktop or wall mount IP50 enclosure
- NEW Software ! - Allows viewing of data from T24-SA, T24-VA or T24-IA and offers the ability to log to a CSV file - see here
The Wireless Telemetry USB Base Station - T24-BSu is required for the configuration of all T24 modules and is greatly simplified by the free T24 Toolkit software for Windows supplied upon purchase. Data can also be captured by the wireless telemetry base station (T24-BSu) from an unlimited number of T24 Acquisition modules to provide a wireless data logger.
The integral antenna on the T24-BSu offers up to 100m (325 ft) range in an open field site. An industrial base station (T24-BSi) is also available with a different antenna providing up to 200m (650 ft) range. This device also offers RS232 and RS485 interfaces.
For software developers, a standard Windows DLL and COM driver are available to enable data collection from T24 acquisition modules.
The licence free 2.4GHz direct sequence spread spectrum (DSSS) radio technology offers high integrity, error free communications which can co-exist with other wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® and Zigbee®. ETSI, FCC and IC approvals.
|USB Supply Range||4.875||5||5.125||Volts||As defined by USB 2.0 Specification|
|USB Bus Powered Operatinal Current||100||200||mA|
|IP Rating (T24-BSu serial only)||IP50|
|Operating temperature range||-40||85||C|
|Modulation Method||MS (QPSK)|
|Radio Type||Transceiver (2 way)|
|Data Type||250||K bits/sec|
|Range||100 (325)||Metres (feet) *|
*Maximum range achieved in open field site at height of 3 metres (9.9 feet) above ground.
- T24 Toolkit : Version 1.2.34 This toolkit allows configuration, calibration and testing of the T24 range of 2.4GHz telemetry products.
- T24 24 Channel Logging : Version 2.0.3 View and log up to 24 channels of data from multiple T24 acquisition modules.
- T24 Data Provider Viewer + Logger : Version 1.0.2 Allows viewing of data from T24-SA, T24-VA or T24-IA and offers the ability to log to a CSV file. This works with a single data provider at a time and requires a USB base station.
Product order options
|Base Station USB||T24-BSu|
These are the following industries and applications in which this product has been used:
- Civil Engineering - Wireless Monitoring of Bridge Structures
- Civil Engineering - Wireless Monitoring of Anchor Loads
- Civil Engineering - Wireless Bridge Surveying via GPRS
- Lifting & Handling - Wireless Truck Load Weight Monitoring
- Waste Management - Wireless Skip Weighing System
- Waste Management - Wireless Platform Weighing With Ticket Printing
- Civil Engineering - Wireless Monitoring of Surrounding Buildings during Underground Excavation
- Alternative Energy - Wireless Telemetry Strain Measurement of Wind Turbines
- Civil Engineering - Remote Load Monitoring of Construction Shoring Struts
- Construction - Remote Load Monitoring of Construction Shoring Struts
- Automotive - Force Measurement in Formula Racing
- Silo & Weighing Industry - Monitoring the Weight in 10 Grain Silos
- Marine - Superyacht Sail-track Development
Wireless Sensing Module for Load Cell, Strain Gauge Data Acquisition
Wireless Sensor Strain Gauge Signal Conditioner
Radio Telemetry Module for Strain Gauge, 0-20mA, 0-10V Sensors
Wireless Telemetry Radio Base Station
- Q: What is the function of the USB and the industrial T24 base stations?
A: Both provide users with a PC interface by which collect data from any acquisition module with in range and configure all devices in the T24 range.
- Q: How is the industrial base station different to the USB base station?
A: The industrial base station provides not only USB interface but also RS232 and RS485 at multiple baud rates. This module can also be DIN rail mounted.
- Q: How many acquisition modules can be acquired by the base stations?
A: Each base station can use one of 16 channels. From one of those channels a base station can collect data simultaneously from any number acquisition modules depending upon the frequency of readings being provided by the acquisition module.
- Q: What is the difference between the T24-SO Serial Output and T24 Base Stations?
A: The T24-SO gathers data from up to 8 acquisition modules and, on its serial output, provides a user configurable ASCII string. The output string can contain the summed value of the gathered data. This output can be used to drive serial displays, printers or to simply feed directly into a PC, PLC or other data acquisition systems.
The base stations communicate bi-directionally so are used to configure the devices as well as gather data. The communications protocol is binary and packet based and so requires processing to present the data to the application in a formatted manner.
- Q: How many T24 Acquisition modules can be controlled by one USB Base Station at the same time?
A: Acquisition modules are not controlled when providing data, rather data is provided at a user determined rate during configuration set up. The base station can gather data from any number of acquisition modules providing they are on the same channel. The number of modules a single base station can process depends upon the frequency of transmission from the acquisition modules that channel.
- Q: Can base stations integrate to other communications protocols?
A: With the use of the .DLL and COM driver provided with the T24 Tool Kit, users can create tunnelling between the data provided by the base station, to the PC, and another communication protocols.
- Q: Once an acquisition module has been configured, will it require regular connections to the base station?
A: No. Once an acquisition module has been configured it will remain stable for its lifetime providing its operating limits are not exceeded.
- For more 'Frequently Asked Questions' please see our Knowledge Centre